On November 8th 2023, the European Coalitions for Cultural Diversity (ECCD) and the Cultural Creators Friendship Group (CCFG) with the CCFG members Laurence Farreng MEP, Ibán García del Blanco MEP and Niklas Nienass MEP invite you to a conference focussing on European works’ discoverability in generative artificial intelligence (A.I) on November 8th at 16:30 in the European Parliament in Brussels, room ASP 1E1. At this conference, the following speakers will present their work on discoverability and A.I. and share their thoughts in a debate.
- Jean-Robert Bisaillon is a consultant for MétaMusique, a database that provides rightholders in the music value chain with best practices for indexing their content using metadata. He is co-director of the Laboratoire de recherche sur la découvrabilité et les transformations des industries culturelles à l’ère du commerce électronique (LATICCE). He holds a master’s degree in Pratiques de recherche et action publique from INRS (Montréal) on the issues of music metadata and is a doctoral student in public administration at ÉNAP. He is the founder of MetaD, a consultancy specialising in digital data for the cultural sectors. He is a member of DDEX, an international consortium of the sound recording industry.
- Dr Tom Chatfield is a British tech philosopher and author of a dozen books. he published in over thirty languages, exploring topics ranging from critical thinking and tech ethics to digital culture and language change. He’s currently Chair at the Authors’ Licensing and Collecting Society, Co-Chair of the Copyright Licensing Agency, a member of the British Library Advisory Council and an Associate at the interdisciplinary think-tank Perspectiva.”
- Ibán García del Blanco is a member of the European Parliament and serves as Vice-Chairperson of the Legal Affairs Committee. He was appointed rapporteur for a legislative initiative report on “An ethical framework for artificial intelligence, robotics and related technologies”. He also plays an instrumental role defining A.Is policies as S&D group coordinator of the new special committee for Artificial Intelligence in the Digital Age (AIDA). He is a member of the Petitions Committee, substitute member of the Culture and Education Committee, and contributes to the works of the Delegation with the Andean countries and the Parliamentary Assembly Euro-Latin America, EUROLAT. Within his political party, the Spanish Socialist Workers’ Party (PSOE), Iban García del Blanco has served as a member of the Federal Executive Commission in charge of Culture and Sports for the last four years.
- Gabriel Mandelbaum is CEO and founder of Spideo and Rumo, two solutions for bringing humanised recommendations to all creative industry platforms. A graduate of HEC, Gabriel headed up the digital studio at Marathon Media (now part of the Banijay group). In 2010, he set up Spideo with his friend Thibault, the company that developed the recommendation engine, which was integrated a few months later by the CANAL+ group at the launch of CanalPlay Infinity. Surrounded by a passionate team, they propelled Spideo to become the leader in recommendation systems for all cultural industries, from France to Brazil. Spideo is now the leading company in video and cultural content recommendation. In 2020, Spideo has initiated a new project called Rumo: a solution to bring humanised recommendations to all creative industry platforms, beyond video.
- Eleonora Mazzoli is a Doctor in Media Economics, Digital Policy and Platform Governance and Senior Policy Manager at Ofcom. She was a researcher and policy consultant at the London School of Economics’s Department of Media and Communications. Her background sits within the interdisciplinary subjects of media economics and media policy. She holds an RMA in media studies from Utrecht University and a BA in management and economics for arts, culture and communication from Bocconi University. Her research was focused on online content policy, audio-visual media and institutional economics. She previously worked for Rai, the Italian public service broadcaster, and for the Legal and Policy Department of the European Broadcasting Union, overseeing media policy-related activities, and innovation projects.
To register for the event on-site (only participants with a badge to access the European Parliament) or online, fill this form !
Link to join us online : https://ep.interactio.eu/e6v9-gilp-x1h9